Thursday, January 12, 2012

Snow is falling... Soups on...

There is something about soup...
on a cold, snowy winters day!!
DLynnes Italian Soup Dejour

Saute in a dutch oven a bit of olive oil,
diced up onions and garlic till the garlic is tan... 
then add all the Italian spices you can think of...
cilantro, oregano, basil, rosemary, garlic (yes more)
and whatever looks and sounds good
1 small container of organic veggie broth
1 container of crushed tomatoes
1 container of diced tomatoes
then veggie mix of your choice 
today I used, 
broccoli, peppers, carrots, onions, chestnuts, mushrooms 
stir all together with the sauteed garlic and onions
I added the left over cooked ground pork from the other night... 
and a bunch of chopped up Brocolinni
I didn't but you could snap up a handfull of spaghetti noodles or Orzo and add that to your soup!
Simmer for a few hours
serve with warm Italian Loaf - 
and your favorite dark red Vino - 
ENJOY!!
I know we are going too!!

Please note - my recipes will rarely be exact
there is a purpose to this... 

I am using my culinary imagination
to get YOUR creative juices flowing -  
Have fun with it!!
D'Lynne


No comments:

Post a Comment