Thursday, July 19, 2012

Keeping Cool on HOT, HOT summer Days

Never before has the heat got to me like it has this year - 
Before when I used to seek out the sun 
I find myself seeking out 
quiet places in the SHADE - 
Here in Northern Lower Michigan its unheard of for it to be
this HOT for this LONG - 
We don't have A/C as I don't want to get acclimated to that 
when there is so much work that needs to be done in the sun...
So I drink LOTS of water....
Eat lots of refreshing nourishing foods like
Fresh Green Leafy Salads with Fruits... with Veggies
light non house heating meals like 
Egg White Frittatas with Kale, Tomatoes, Onion, Garlic & Feta
or just a Simple egg pan fried with Olive oil and spices - 
Change that up and fry it in a slice of pepper - 
Snacks are often just a bowl of cut of grapefruits and oranges with Sliced Banana - 
Even our Fruit Flys enjoy being  4 weeks early!!
 Fresh Frittata

 Heart felt lunch
 Eggs whites, seasonings and feta 
pan fried in a pepper
Chopped salad so refreshing 

No comments:

Post a Comment